Whispers in the Dark

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Whispers in the Dark

Post  Cynic on Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 am

September 1st had dawned, and Kings' Cross had never been more crowded in London. There were plenty of children hanging around, though many of the adults (aside from their parents) were unaware they were in the presence of witches and wizards heading off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Among them, was a young girl, aged 14, by the name of Kat, simply weaving her way through the crowd to lean against the barrier between platforms 9 and 10, eyeing the clock upon the wall as it ticked past ten o'clock. The train wasn't due 'til half past, so she simply stood and waited, tapping her wand against her thigh as she did so, face hidden behind her hair, which was lucky enough, since two scars were covering her skin. She had no intention of letting anyone know she was now a werewolf. It was kind enough of the headmaster to allow her to even attend the school in the first place, so she was grateful.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whispers in the Dark

Post  WolfRaider on Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm

"For Merlin's sake, Jamie!" A pair of voices drifted across the crowd's chatter. A pair of girl's approached, in a heated argument. The Caudill sisters. Jamie was 17, and this would be her final year at Hogwarts. She was a Prefect, and practically every teacher's pet aside from the Potions Master who despised anyone not in his house.
Then there was Dakota, the girl who did good in most classes, failed one or two, and was the best seeker Gryffindor's Qudditch Team had seen in ages. She was 15.
They were known for never getting along, that was for sure.
"Dakota, we're in the presence of muggles would you kindly shut up!" Jamie snapped, rounding on the two. Neither noticed Kat, too intent on their own argument. "You're lucky the Ministry let you come back this year at all, so shut up and be thankful!"
"The Ministry can kiss my ass!" Dakota snorted, folded her arms as she turned her back to Jamie. "Letting me come back..." She mocked, "They weren't going to until Dumbledore stepped in!"
"Be grateful he did." Jamie moaned, hand over her eyes. Sometimes she wondered if turning Dakota into a toad and leaving her in the fishpond back home would've been such a bad idea. She finally noticed Kat, giving a weak smile. "Hello."
Dakota's eyes flickered to the side, catching Kat's through her messy side-bangs. "Hey," She greeted, growl still in her tone signaling frustration.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Mon May 10, 2010 5:39 am

Kat merely nodded with a low growl-like grunt, her eyes never leaving Dakota's face. It was nice to see a familiar face in the crowd; she'd been crushing on the girl since she started at Hogwarts. Though they were in different age groups, they were in the same house, and somehow ended up alone together in the Gryffindor Common Room.
Kat's eyes then flickered up to the clock again, then moved herself from the barrier to take her luggage.
"It's time," she murmured softly, grinning at Dakota, before falling back behind the barrier, and onto platform 9 and three quarters, greeted by the flaming red locomotive train; the Hogwarts Express. She then turned and leaned against the bricks, waiting for Dakota and her sister to follow.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

With one last glare at Jamie, Dakota followed Kat inside, pushing her trolley. She grinned once she saw the girl again, glad to have ditched her uptight sister. "So how was your summer, Kat?" She asked, a puppy curled up in the hood of her jacket. It's head barely popped out the top as it lazily watched the crowd that passed. Normally you could only have cats, toads, rats, or owls, but she'd managed to get the Headmaster to agree to a puppy after badgering him over it her entire 1st through 4th year. She shrugged her shoulders, almost dreading the long train-ride, but knowing it'd be better with Kat there to talk to her. "Say," She paused, stopping as one of the worker's took her trolley to put her luggage on the train. "You look different."

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Mon May 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Kat froze at Dakota's comment, then hurriedly brushed her dark hair across her face again in an attempt to hide her scars.
"N-no I don't," she muttered, tugging her case to the side of the train, shoving it into a free compartment before hopping back out onto the platform again by Dakota's side. She kept her gaze low to the ground, shuffling her feet uncertainly.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Dakota leveled a gaze on Kat, before sighing. "You can tell me once we find a free compartment, ok?" She murmured, before climbing aboard one of the cars. She led the way through the crowd, finding a compartment before anyone else did, sliding onto one of the comfortable seats. She stretched her legs out, drawing the puppy from her hood so instead it was stretched across her lap. It's fur was black, and in the light glowed blue. "Like my puppy?" She drifted off to another topic briefly, grinning proudly. "Finally talked ol'Dumbledore into letting me have one."

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Tue May 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Kat smiled weakly, reaching out a hand to pet the pup, scratching it behind the ears. 
"Hey there 'lil fella!" she crooned, tilting her head sideways, making low whimpering noises much too dog-like to be normal. 
She then looked up at Dakota, and sighed, brushing her hair aside to reveal the scars on her face. 
"Just try and guess," she mumbled, getting up to close the compartment door. 
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Tue May 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Dakota did well to hide her surprise, watching Kat numbly for several moments. "A werewolf, Kat?" She breathed, "Really?" It seemed surreal that her best friend had been changed. "Who did it? How did it happen?" Immediately the questions tumbled from her lips, though she surprisingly remained calm and kept her tone even.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 12:11 am

Sitting back down opposite from Dakota, Kat grimaced, touching the scars idly. 
"I don't know who he was," she murmured softly, "but it was brutal. He nearly killed me."
She sighed again, curling her knees to her chest, hiding her face behind them. 
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 12:21 am

Dakota frowned to herself, looking down. The cogs in her head turned, thoughts racing from one possibility to another. "You could always turn me," She suggested with a weak laugh. She did love wolves, and had entertained the idea before. Plus it meant Kat wouldn't be alone. "I bet I'd be the first werewolf Quidditch player, huh?"

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 12:44 am

Kat looked up, her brown eyes brightly focused on Dakota. 
"You'd let me?" she questioned, moving across the compartment to kneel before the other, taking her hands in her own. "Me, of all people?"
Being Gryffindor Seeker was an obvious popularity boost for Dakota, and since fans usually hung around, Kat stayed in the Gryffindor Common Room, until Dakota herself would turn in. 
"I don't know.." 
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 am

Dakota shifted the puppy onto the seat beside her, taking Kat's hands in her own. "Yeah, you. You're the only person I'd let." She added, grin still firmly in place. She wasn't afraid, and actually seemed excited. "C'mon, Kat, what's there to be afraid of?" She asked, brushing her fingertips across the girl's cheek and delicately over her scars. "You wouldn't be so alone then either."

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 3:30 am

Kat blinked, then smiled, her gaze set upon Dakota's hazel eyes.
"Well," she murmured softly, not even caring in the slightest as the train began to move forwards, "there isn't a full moon until tomorrow, so you'll have to wait, I'm afraid."
She then stood, and sat beside the other girl, still holding her hand.
"Dumbledore's making me take the Wolfsbane potion," she added, "so I'll be able to control myself, I guess.."
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 3:40 am

Dakota entwined their fingers on her lap, before raising Kat's hand to her lips. She kissed the back of the girl's hand, then nuzzled it tenderly. "I can wait that long, I guess." She chuckled. Classes didn't officially begin until the day after tomorrow, and tomorrow involved getting unpacked and getting back into the swing of things. She already intended to chill in the Quidditch pitch a while herself.
"But I think you could control yourself without a potion, Kat..."

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 3:43 am

Kat frowned, going slightly red, though it was barely seen behind her scars.
"I don't think I could," she muttered, "but.. once I turn you, I think I'll be all right. As long as I'm with you, nothing can go wrong."
She smiled weakly, before pressing a gentle kiss to Dakota's forehead, resting her own forehead against the other's, closing her eyes.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 4:11 am

Dakota was caught off guard by the show of affection, but smiled nonetheless. “Then you’ll be like the leader of your own little pack, huh?” She joked, brushing a strand of hair from Kat’s eyes.
The girl was so warm against her side, tender. It made her want to protect her from anything and everything that threatened harm. She was delicate, like a porcelain doll, and made Dakota feel like Kat was more breakable then she really was.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 am

"Heh, I guess so," Kat chuckled, emitting a soft, playful growl. "And as if it wasn't immediately obvious; I love you," she added, smiling broadly.
It seemed as if becoming a werewolf had installed a new sense of courage within the girl, because if she would've attempted to admit this, she would've hidden out of site.
"Well, you do bring out the animal in me~"
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 am

Dakota nearly choked, though managed a laugh. "Just like I love you." She admitted, feeling a blush tinge her cheeks. Well, thank God her sister was no where around.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 am

Kat frowned at Dakota's cough, though she gave a weak smile at her words.
"That's good," she murmured, "because if you didn't, this would really suck."
She chuckled again, wrapping an arm around Dakota's shoulder, pulling her close to her side, nuzzling into her neck. Thankfully the compartment door was closed and private.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Dakota kissed the top of Kat's head, adjusting herself to have a leg along the seat so Kat could properly lean against her front. "I really missed you over the summer, y'know." She admitted, eyes glazed over distantly. "You should have actually come and spent the last weeks of holiday with me, werewolf or no."

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Wed May 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Kat growled softly, moving forward to rest herself against the other, their chests pressing against each other.
"I missed you too," she said, her eyes half-closed to gaze upon Dakota, "but . . . I was afraid that I'd hurt you, or something . . . "
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Wed May 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Dakota gazed back, though her eyes were locked on Kat's lips. Succulent, and right there for the taking! She swallowed, leaning forward so their lips brushed. "You can hurt me, I wouldn't mind." She grinned her patented goofy-yet-since smile.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 am

Kat smirked slightly, before pressing her lips to Dakota's briefly with a low growl, wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her as close as possible. 
It only lasted a minute or two, before Kat had to pull back for air, her smirk even broader than before. 
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider on Thu May 13, 2010 2:40 am

Dakota smirked herself, face a mask of mischief. Puppyish mischief. "Oh, I'm so gonna have my wicked way with you." She teased, before flipping them to straddle Kat's hips. Her lips were at the girl's throat instantly, nibbling and sucking.

WolfRaider
Marauder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic on Thu May 13, 2010 3:05 am

Breathing huskily, mixed with soft, wanting whines, Kat murmured, "And I'm meant to be the werewolf?" with a chuckle.
She smiled to herself, a piercing fang showing, and laid her head back, closing her eyes, simply enjoying herself.
Cynic
Scavenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next