Rose Garden Orphanage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Than Drugs RP

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Better Than Drugs RP Empty Better Than Drugs RP

Post  Cynic Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm

The airport was bitterly cold, the air polluted with cigarette smoke, groups of people bustling about sorting their luggage and getting on or off flights. Through the various travellers sat a young teenage girl, about 14 at the very least, sitting alone, listening to her iPod. She was forced to wait for some friend of her cousin's who she'd never even heard of until today, and had miserably headed to the airport through soaking rain. The girl she was waiting for was called "Dakota" apparently, American.
Kat sighed, scanning the crowd for any sign of the girl until she realized she didn't even know what she looked like. She groaned miserably, leaning back in the uncomfortable chair she sat in, turning her iPod on a little louder to block out the loud chatter of the nearby parties of foreigners.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Better Than Drugs RP Empty Re: Better Than Drugs RP

Post  WolfRaider Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 pm

"What do you mean my bag didn't pass through security yet?" A girl about 16 gaped from where she stood before the operations woman. "Why the hell not?!" She asked grumpily. Normally she was much more polite, but after a long flight seated next to a creepy man who kept giving her the once-over and nodding his head like he was affirming something to himself, she was ready to get the hell out of dodge and away.
"I'm sorry, miss. All bags from outside the country are given special inspection to ensue no contraband is smuggled into the country." The operationist said, looking somewhat startled at the American yelling in her face.
"What?!" Dakota asked in a cracked whine. These accents were killing her, she didn't understand a word.
"Wait!" The woman snapped then yanked the blinds down.
Dakota groaned and leaned her head against the glass briefly before turning and stomping away to the seating area once more. She flopped down unhappily into the seat beside another teenager, really wanting her iPod now too. Too bad it had also been in the bag that was deemed 'potential contraband'.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Kat looked up at the girl beside her, noticing the scene that had just taken place.
"Bloody Australians, huh?" she chuckled, removing her iPod to talk to the girl. "Don't worry, it's happened to me before too. It doesn't take too long."
She couldn't help but stare briefly at the girl; she was gorgeous in her eyes, and Kat felt her own cheeks darkening.
"America, I'm guessing?" she offered, looking back to the stranger. "I noticed your cu-.. I mean, your accent.."
She had to stop herself from saying 'cute', and ended up looking away again, blushing furiously.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 am

Dakota smiled, her cheeks tinting just a bit. She had a good grip on her emotions most of the time, though something about this girl unhinged her, left her wondering and floundering for a remotely intelligent answer. "Thanks," She murmured, understanding the compliment though it had been cut short.
"And yeah, I'm American." She nodded her head, just beforely tilting it. "Your Australian...?" She asked tentatively, not wanting to insult anyone by accident after the episode with the receptionist seconds ago.
What was it about this beautiful girl? She wondered. She'd probably be wondering a long while too.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm

"You could say that," Kat replied easily, looking back up at the girl. "My life is a long story, so.. yeah."
She went quiet after that, folding her arms across her chest, staring up at the ceiling idly. It was all she could to do stop herself from staring at the gorgeous girl beside her. It was somewhat difficult, too. Eventually, she couldn't stand it any longer, and turned back to look at the girl, smiling faintly.
"I'm Kat," she said, trying to be friendly without embarrassing herself. "Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting this fine day?" she asked, tilting her head.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Dakota raised an eyebrow, but smiled all the same as she shifted to face Kat once more herself. "I'm Dakota." She nodded her head, before holding a hand out to shake. "It's nice to meet you."
"And," She paused, wondering if it was even her place to ask. "I have a while to wait, so I could stand a long story." She said honestly. She didn't mind listening, in fact she wanted to hear everything their was to know about this beautiful girl. She wanted to know what lurked just beneath the skin.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:02 am

Kat smiled and shook Dakota's hand gratefully, leaning back in her chair in an attempt to be more comfortable.
"Well, it's not exactly interesting," Kat murmured, her face falling slightly. "It's really more tragic than anything else."
Although the memories of her past were flooding into her mind, they were all blocked out just by looking at Dakota. Even though they had only just met, she could feel her heart becoming entranced by the stranger.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 am

Dakota tilted her head, interest and sympathy shining in her eyes. She smiled, the expression slightly dorky, "I'm all ears." She promised, nodding her head. She wanted to know, and she wanted to be of comfort if she possibly could.
She could feel the girl had seriously suffered a tragedy, and wondered if there would be any way for her to help. Well, she could only wait and see at this point. She took one of Kat's hands for further emphasis, clasping it between both her own.
They'd only just met, and she already felt ready to charge into the midst of Kat's demon memories and nightmares to fight them off.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 am

Kat breathed deeply, before launching into her story.
"Well," she began, "I've been an orphan since the age of 5, because my parents were.. murdered." She stopped briefly, thinking again, then continued.
"I was originally born in London, but I had to move to Australia when I was shoved into a foster family. To be honest, I hate them as much as they hate me."
Her fists clenched at this, and she bit on her bottom lip roughly to stop herself from growling.
"Being out here, away from them, it's like I'm at peace for once," she said. "I don't get out a lot.."
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 am

Dakota frowned, looking down for a moment. "Have you told anyone...like, like a social worker? Maybe someone can get you out of there." She suggested weakly. She didn't know what to say or how to deal, she'd never known anyone from a foster family before, and her own family was pretty much intact.
"I'm sorry!" She added quickly with a sincerely sympathetic smile. "About your parents...I bet they'd be really proud of you though."

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 am

Kat sighed, loosening her grip.
"I've tried," she murmured, "but nothing I do works. I guess I'm stuck with them until I can move out."
She groaned, rubbing at her eyes. She then looked back over at Dakota again, smiling weakly.
"Sorry to dump all this on you," she said. "I told you it wasn't exactly interesting."
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 am

"No," Dakota shook her head. "It's interesting." She promised, moving her hand to rest on Kat's shoulder then. "So how old are you? How long until you can get away from your foster family?" She asked, never letting up. She always liked to have every bit of information she could scrape up on situations like this.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 am

"14, going on 15," Kat replied, smiling weakly. "Got a fair bit of time to go."
She looked up at Dakota, brown eyes meeting hazel, then blushed slightly.
"Y-y'know," she stuttered, turning a bright shade of crimson, "you're really cute.."
Although she felt like she should've kept it quiet, she couldn't help but admit the truth. Heck, she thought Dakota was drop-dead gorgeous. She went quiet after that, turning her gaze to the floor.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 am

Dakota blushed darkly, looking stunned. "M-Me?" She had to look around to make sure some model hadn't just walked by and got Kat's attention. "I'm cute?" She sputtered, before shaking her head in quick denial. "Nuh-uh, no way, not me!"
She smiled ruefully, before it softened. "You now, your cute, beautiful even." Well, that hadn't come out like she'd planned. Her mouth was always five words ahead of her brain anyway, and it usually got her into trouble, such as now.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 am

Kat shook her head furitively.
"No, absolutely not," she argued, blushing again. "I've never been considered remotely cute; not by myself, not by others."
She couldn't help but deny it; that's how she had been raised by her foster parents. While they had taken care of their real children, they had taught her the wrong things, hoping she'd stuff up and get out of their hair as soon as possible.
"You, however," she said, purring slightly, "are absolutely stunning."
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 am

Dakota's face was beet red.
"Now I know your lying." She murmured, shaking her head for a moment. She looked forward, towards baggage claim where the receptionist gave her a prompt dirty look. "Me though, I never lie." She murmured softly.
"Your absolutely, positively gorgeous." She said, voice achingly sincere and raw. Why wouldn't the girl believe it? She'd start and argument just to prove it and hear Kat admit it herself.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Kat sighed, pouting slightly.
"Ugh, fine," she groaned, her pout flickering back into a playful smile. "I'll believe you if you believe me."
She looked over at Dakota, continuing to smile, then slowly took her hand in hers, squeezing it gently.
"Thanks for listening to my story," she murmured, her expression turning to gratitude. "Not a lot of people give up their own time just to talk to me, so.. thanks."
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:07 pm

"Your welcome." Dakota smiled, not minding at all. She reclined back in her seat, just enjoying the warmth Kat's hand provided around her own. "Y'know," She began thoughtfully, "I'm supposed to be meeting some girl here to take me to my cousin's."
She'd completely forgot, but not that she remembered she could have cared less since Kat was there with her. Plus she hadn't seen her cousin since she was like, 5 or 6. This was more of a visit to Australia to vacation for her then a family visit. Studying abroad, that's what her mother had called it.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 am

Kat tilted her head, smiling curiously.
"Really?" she asked. She stared at Dakota briefly. "Is your cousin's name Jennifer, by any chance?"
Maybe this was the girl she was sent to pick up? The girl she was already falling for?
Kat's heart began to beat furitively against her chest, and she tried to calm her breathing.
"'Cause," she continued, "if you are, I'm here to pick you up."
Her hand clenched nervously, and she bit her lip roughly.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:37 am

(Did I tell you my cousin's name? XD. I don't remember.)

Dakota's jaw dropped, before the corners of her mouth quirked upwards into a grin. She gave a mock two-fingered salute and straightened, "That'd be me!" She nodded, almost a big too eagerly. Great, she had a girl she knew, and liked as her pick-upper.
She chuckled, gently rubbing the back of her neck. "Don't look so nervous." She added a second later jokingly.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 am

Kat smiled weakly, and nodded.
"Well," she said, looking at her watch quickly, "we've got a bit of time before we need to get out of here. Anything you want to do? Hungry or anything?"
She didn't want to part with the girl just yet, though she'd probably be spending the night at Dakota's cousin's house anyway, since her parents were out for the week.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 am

"I could use maybe a tour and a bite to eat." Dakota agreed as she stood and stretched, before huffing. "Once I wrestle my bags away from that damned blonde at the desk." She twitched, gaze flickering to the receptionist and her evil eye.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 am

Kat chuckled, looking over ath the receptionist.
"Let me talk to her, eh?" she offered, walking over to the desk without waiting for an answer. She talked to her for a while, and after much conversation, returned to Dakota with her bags in tow.
"Here ya go," she said, smiling broadly. "Bags and all."
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfRaider Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 am

"What'd you say to her?" Dakota grinned, though was somewhat suspicious as she gratefully took her bags. She walked alongside Kat towards the exit of the airport that led into the crowded parking lot, ignoring the strange looks they got.

WolfRaider
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 am

Kat chuckled.
"Just had to remind her about company policy," she said, "I saw her taking cash out of some other people's bags."
She winked, smiling broadly, and heaved Dakota's bags through the automatic door, keeping an eye out for a taxi.
"I guess we'll have to wait a while," she muttered, unable to find a taxi through the masses, and sat down on a metal bench, gesturing for the other to sit beside her.
Cynic
Cynic
Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum